Camp Tilikum | Staff | Tilikum Adventure Programs Facilitator
TILIKUM ADVENTURE PROGRAMS FACILITATORPosition Description
|Reports To:||TAP On-Site Director|
|Supervises Directly:||Campers, youth leaders, and Jr. facilitators|
|Purpose For The Position:||To facilitate challenge course activities for a specific small group of campers and assist in the general operation of the Tilikum Adventure Programs: HAC,Quest and Impact programs.|
Small Group Leadership
- Facilitate challenge course activities: games, initiatives, low & high elements
- Lead discussions with campers, using teachable moments on the challenge course as a basis for inserting Biblical truths
- Relate to and work effectively with campers, youth leaders, and jr. counselors as a role model and teacher
- Maintain positive community with fellow staff members
- Assist On-site Director in leading camp opening, worship, teaching and campfire times
- Assist head lifeguard in supervising swimming/waterfront time
- Provide support and assistance during meals
- Administer first aid as needed
- Participate in staff devotions and staff meetings
- Assist with the clean-up and maintenance of elements and facilities used by TAP
- Provide up to four weekend days of support and assistance for Tilikum-sponsored retreats
- HAC runs on 4 day, 3 night format (begins Monday morning) with meals and lodging provided during each session.
- Quest runs Monday thru Fridayduring the day. Quest staff are sometimes needed to spend the night at HAC.
- Maintain a growing and vital relationship with Jesus Christ and exemplify that relationship in his/her daily life, including interaction with fellow summer staff, year round staff, counselors, and campers.
- Be at least two years out of high school.
- Attitude of service and a commitment to ministry.
- Versatile and flexible, with the ability and interest in handling a variety of tasks.
- Strong leadership skills (ie: communication, problem solving, self-initiative)
- Willingness to do minor, necessary, and sometimes dirty details.
- Creative, enthusiastic, and a love for life.
- Physical demands: Good physical condition including the ability to manage rugged terrain and lift 50 pounds.