Camp Tilikum | Staff | Day Camp Program Staff
DAY CAMP PROGRAM STAFFPosition Description
|Reports To:||Day Camp On-Site Directors|
|Supervises Directly:||Campers and volunteer counselors|
|Purpose For The Position:||To lead a specific small group of campers and assist in the general operation of the Day Camp program.|
Small Group Leadership
- Teach and supervise various camp program skills: games, boating, archery, nature exploration, crafts, etc.
- Lead Bible discussions with campers during daily share times.
- Relate to campers, volunteer counselors and Jr. counselors as a role model teaching growth in Christian character.
- Maintain a good working relationship with fellow staff members.
- Assist on-site directors in leading opening times, teaching times, and closing times through song leading, skits, etc.
- Assist lifeguard staff in supervising swimming/waterfront time.
- Participate in weekly Thursday evening family night program.
- Administer first aid as needed.
- Participate in morning staff devotions and afternoon staff meetings.
- Assist with daily clean-up and maintenance of activities and facilities.
- Provide up to four weekend days of support and assistance for Tilikum-sponsored retreats.
- Maintain a growing and vital relationship with Jesus Christ and exemplify that relationship in his/her daily life, including interaction with fellow summer staff, year round staff, volunteer counselors, and campers.
- Be at least one year out of high school.
- Attitude of service and a commitment to ministry.
- Versatile and flexible, with the ability and interest in handling a variety of tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with volunteer counselors and campers.
- Dependable and consistent attitude, able to maintain self-control.
- Detail oriented.
- Willingness to do minor, necessary and sometimes dirty details.
- Creative, enthusiastic, and fun loving.
- Good physical condition including the ability to manage rugged terrain and lift 50 pounds.