Camp Tilikum | Retreats & Rentals | Recreation
We encourage all of our guests to take time and enjoy the beauty of Tilikum’s grounds. Numerous recreation options are available.
Canoeing: Enjoy a breath-taking experience on Lake Tilikum, where you’ll explore water ripples from Newt’s, Sunfish, Crappie, Bass and possibly even your neighbor splashing you with their oar. During each session, a certified-Tilikum lifeguard is present to give instruction and provide life jackets and oars. Minimum guest time on the lake is 1 hour and preferably a minimum of 10 guests participating.
Canoeing, Swimming and Waterslide is available when pre-secured by your Group Coordinator/Leader and includes a Certified-Tilikum Lifeguard. Availability of the canoes is dependent on the height of the lake during the fall/winter season.
For all group waterfront activities, a group leader must make reservations as early as possible, at least 3 weeks before the event. Group requests must have a guaranteed minimum of 10 participants. Make reservations today! Please call 503-538-2763.
- Canoe/Kayak Fee: $10 per hour (group of 25 or less)
- Swimming/Canoe: $25 per hour (group of 25 or less)
- Waterslide available during Summer Camp season - late May to mid-August only.
- Ages: Minimum age 14 (no age minimum with adult supervision)
- Minimum Participant: at least 10 guests
- Seasonal Availability: Availability dependent upon lake levels, please inquire if booking your retreat mid-November through April to confirm canoeing availability.
Lifeguards are required for lake swimming and boating
- Waterfront Guidelines
Trail Hikes: With 77 acres of woods and meadows, including miles of hiking trails one can enjoy a leisurely stroll or invigorating trail run here at Tilikum. During wet-climate months it is advised to wear proper hiking clothing and shoes as trails become cooler and muddy. All retreat guest groups get first rights to use the grounds and trails. Day guests please phone in advance to make sure it’s okay to come out and hike.
Tree House: The Tree House provides guest groups with children the opportunity to experience a nature-like playground in the woods of Tilikum. Much like some of our Challenge Course activities, youth can explore their climbing skills on the Boulder Wall, or challenge them to cross the rope bridge and play King of Tilikum. We request that guests wear close toed shoes while playing here.
- Seasonal availability: Available late April - September
- Ages: Ages 7 – Adult
Fishing: Lake Tilikum is a fisherman’s delight! You’ll find Sunfish, Crappie, and Bass galore. Fishing is available from the shorelines and designated fishing docks. Fishing licenses are not necessary on our private 15-acre lake. Those guests who are not with a guest group are asked to phone or check-in first at the Main Office to make sure it is okay to come fish.
- Seasonal availability: Year-round, pre-secured with guest groups coordinator during free-time or permission from the Main Office.
- Ages: Any Age
Other recreational services available:
- Fawver Center, our indoor multi-purpose building that is like a spacious indoor playground with basketball, climbing wall* and camp fire pit
- Outdoor campfire pit behind the Fawver Center
- Working barn with variety of farm animals
- 30+ Element High and Low Challenge Course*
- Big Zipline*
- The famous “Big Swing”*
- 100-year old restored Schoolhouse*
For rate information, to schedule a tour, or to book your next event at Tilikum, please contact us. We look forward to serving your group at Tilikum soon. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We'd love to hear from you!
- Waterfront Guidelines