Camp Tilikum | Programs | Adventure Camps
Tilikum High Adventure Camp
For campers entering 8-12 grades
Dates for 2013:July 29 - August 1
Cost: $249 ($274 if registered one to three weeks before the start of camp)
|Watch Carol take a ride on the zipline!|
|High Adventure Camp Information/What to Bring||Registration information|
|Church Carpool Information||Cancellation Policy|
||Group Coordinator's Corner|
||Home School Camp|
Tilikum’s High Adventure Camp continues the learning and fun where day camp and Quest conclude, and it adds much, much more! Our HAC program is built around:
- A new Giant Zipline across the lake!
- A 29-element challenge course.
- Both high and low elements
- Spiritual and life lessons are drawn from the course experience and personal & group accomplishments
- Swimming and boating time each afternoon
- Fun group games
- Worship time around the campfire
- Accommodations are in platform tents designed to sleep 8 people
- Ten delicious meals served plus evening snacks
- Four day intense and fun program
Our intent at Tilikum is to provide a safe, Christ-centered camping environment. Though these situations are rare, the camp does reserve the right to call the camper’s parent and ask for the camper to be taken home if it is deemed that his or her behavior or actions pose a threat to the camper’s safety or the camp. The staff will do their best to inform the campers of the expectations we have for them at the beginning of camp.
Tilikum Summer Staff
Tilikum’s staff members are...
- College-age or older adults.
- Selected for their desire and abilities to work with youth and children.
- Committed to the Lord.
- Specifically trained in the areas of program safety.
- Are trained in American Red Cross First Aid and CPR.
- Trained to be sensitive to camper needs.
- Participate in a rigorous and thorough training program.
- Taught to recognize a teachable moment as a priority.
- Are trained to use teachable moments to challenge and encourage children and youth and point them towards Jesus.
We had so much fun this week as we played and learned some important Biblical lessons together. It is our desire that theses valuable lessons are not merely something the campers hear at camp and then forget about as they return home, but rather that they are able to be reminded of these important truths as they continue to grow in their faith. To encourage continued discussion with your camper, we wanted to fill you in on some of the lessons that we have been learning though our skit, trail talk, group discussion and activities. You are a vital part of your camper's growth and learning!
The camper’s spiritual and personal growth is the focal point of the ministry.