Camp Tilikum | Programs | Day Camp
Tilikum Day Camp
For campers entering 1st through 6th grades
Dates for 2013: Weekly from June 10-August 16th (8:45 am-3:45 pm)
|Day Camp Information/What to Bring||Registration information|
|Church Carpool Information||Cancellation Policy|
||Group Coordinator's Corner|
||Home School Program|
Camp Tilikum is putting together another spectacular summer day camp program for your kids: five days of outdoor adventure and Christian living supervised by carefully trained staff. Biblical teaching through engaging story lessons are one of the many ways we share the message of God’s love with each child. We have times of singing and worship, all on a fun level that kids can easily relate to.
Day Camp Activities
- All of the summer day camp activities at Tilikum cater to the various ages and abilities of your kids.
- Water activities - including swimming, rafting, canoeing, kayaking and our water slide!
- Nature hikes
- Our famous “Big Swing”
- Archery(grades 3-6)
- Barn and Animals
- Mini-Zipline(5th & 6th grade)
- And much, much, more!
Day Camp Family Night
- Each Thursday night from 6:30 - 8:30
- Families of current day campers are invited to spend an evening at Tilikum.
- An opportunity to participate in some of the activities with the campers and enjoy a short program of singing, sharing and day camp fun.
Tilikum Day Camp Summer Staff are...
- College-age or older adults who are selected for their desire and abilities to work with children.
- Committed to the Lord.
- Specifically trained in the areas of program safety
- Trained to be sensitive to camper needs.
Day Camp Safety
- Safety is a priority at Tilikum.
- Tilikum is accredited by the American Camping Association (ACA), Please see link below. Tilikum has earned this mark of distinction since 1977.
- All summer staff have current certification in First Aid/CPR and Emergency Water Safety.
- The waterfront is supervised by lifeguards certified by the American Red Cross.
We had so much fun this week as we played and learned some important Biblical lessons together. It is our desire that theses valuable lessons are not merely something the campers hear at camp and then forget about as they return home, but rather that they are able to be reminded of these important truths as they continue to grow in their faith. To encourage continued discussion with your camper, we wanted to fill you in on some of the lessons that we have been learning though our skit, trail talk, group discussion and activities. You are a vital part of your camper's growth and learning!
Day Camp Volunteer Counselors
- Day Camp volunteer counselors are an important key in helping campers to attain Tilikum's objectives.
- The volunteer counselor's primary responsibilities are to be a friend and actively participate in the activities with the children.
- Counselors are oriented to Tilikum's programs in meetings held during the week of camp with time given training, prayer, and discussion.
- Please complete this online form if you would like to be involved in this ministry.
- Volunteer Counselors are ages 16 and older; we also welcome Junior Counselors ages 14-16
Day campers should arrive each morning between 8:45 and 9:00am and are ready to be picked up at 3:45pm.
*The registration form requires Adobe Reader.